Error 1625 constitutes an installation/update error in QuickBooks. Users who face this error come across the following error message whenever they try to update QuickBooks – “This installation is forbidden by system policy that occurs when installing or updating QuickBooks.” Read this full article to know the possible causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1625. Thus, keep read on!
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1625?
Some of the major causes of Error 1625 in QuickBooks are:
- Trying to update QuickBooks desktop without using the Admin account.
- The Installer files got corrupted file.
- The Windows components got damaged. These may include corrupted files related to MSXML, NET Framework, etc.
- Virus or malware affecting the installer files could be another reason.
You may also read: QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106
Solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1625
This section contains technical solutions for the easy fixation of QuickBooks Error message 1625. So, follow the guidelines carefully.
Solution 1: Turn off Prohibition on Non-admin accounts
The steps for disabling the blockade on non-admin users are:
- Press Windows Key + R keys to open the Run window, then type gpedit.msc into the search field.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor window, select Local Computer Policy by clicking the OK button.
- Select Windows Settings under Computer Configuration.
- Now, select Windows Components by double-clicking on Administrative Templates.
- Click on Applying vendor-signed updates option in Windows Installer.
- To disable the option to Prohibit non-administrators, double-click on it and slide the slider to the Disabled position.
- Select OK, then restart the computer.
Solution 2: Configuring UAC Settings
Configuring the UAC can resolve QuickBooks Error 1625. The steps for the same are:
- Open the Control Panel item from the Start
- In the new window, select User Accounts.
- If the UAC window appears asking for confirmation, choose Change User Account Control Settings and then choose Continue.
- Move the slider to the Never Notify setting, then press the OK
- Restart the computer and attempt the update installation once again.
Solution 3: Make alterations to the Software Restriction Policy
Software Restriction Policies could be triggering the update error code 1625 in QuickBooks. As such, the user should go for making changes to the software restriction policy. The steps for the same are:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Now, select the System and Security tab in the Control Panel.
- Select Local Security Settings under Administrative Tools.
- Right-click the Software Restriction Policy Node and select Software Restriction Policies
- Choose Enforcement by double-clicking on the New Software Restriction Policy option.
- Click OK after selecting the option for All users excluding local administrators in the Enforcement Properties window.
Solution 4: Update System Drivers
Users should also get all their system drivers updated. This can either be done manually from the Device Manager, or by using the Windows Update feature.
This brief blog contained all the solutions to help you get rid of QuickBooks error message 1625. If you have any queries to share with our QuickBooks desktop error support experts, just ring us a call at the helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.