The occurrence of payroll error is usually caused by the inability of users to download Intuit QuickBooks launched payroll updates, leading to an error message stating that payroll cannot be initialized or not updated properly. The article identifies various factors that may be responsible for this QuickBooks error code 15107 and provides solutions for it. Thus, keep reading ahead!
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15107?
Following are the possible causes that may lead to payroll error 15107:
- QuickBooks update is not finished or manually closed.
- Corrupted or harmful registry files can also lead to the issue.
- The Payroll files can also be damaged or corrupted.
- Firewall settings may block the network connection and affect the process.
- Malware attacks on the computer or network can cause the problem.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error 15107
You can rectify the QuickBooks payroll error 15107 by following the below given methods:
Method 1: Restart the system
- The ongoing error may be caused by numerous running processes.
- If the error occurred after making changes but not saving them, restarting the system might fix it.
- Restarting the system allows many settings to reset.
Method 2: Run Reboot.bat file
- The reboot.bat file in QuickBooks is used to re-register .DLL and .OCX files in Microsoft Windows and is located in the QuickBooks program folder.
- By running the reboot.bat file as an administrator, you can resolve Error 15107.
- Close QuickBooks desktop application before proceeding.
- From the desktop, right-click the QBD icon and open Properties then Open File Location.
- Look for the file “bat” and right-click on it.
- Choose “Run as Administrator” and restart your system.
- After rebooting, launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- If a message prompting to install the update appears, click “Install Now.” Otherwise, manually update the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once the update is downloaded, close and reopen the application and click “Install Now” in the QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window.