Infertility is indeed a grave concern. The inability to conceive your own child is really unsettling and raises a lot of eyebrows. Then comes the shame that people think it brings to many couples.
At the same time, the stress brought to us by this condition also induces a lot of stress and anxiety. And that leads to depression.
But do you know these two things, infertility and depression, influence each other?
The best IVF centre in Punjab has studied the reasons for this phenomenon and has found out the reasons for the same:
- Emotional Stress: This struggle induces a lot of stress in an emotional way. The inability of not having a child can create a moment of sadness and frustration, which contributes to a depressive state of mind.
- Isolation and Stigma: According to many people in society, infertile conditions bring shame to the families of couples unable to bear a child. That leads to the isolation of such people who are unable to become parents. This isolated feeling can induce a sense of sadness and a depressed mind frame.
- Hormonal Changes: There are medications involved in In vitro fertilisation treatments that are known to bring change in hormones leading to mood swings and symptoms of depression.
- Coping Strategies: To avoid sadness, people often resort to coping mechanisms that can be really harmful to their mental health. Self-blame, avoidance, and rumination are some of these responses commonly found in these individuals.
- Impact on Bonds: Infertile folks can experience strained relationships due to communication problems and emotional gaps. This leads to a mental downfall between the couple.
- Lowered Self-Esteem: People with failed pregnancies will develop a sense of failure, which lowers their self-esteem and confidence in a significant way. This condition is a contributing factor to depression.
- A Cycle of Disappointment and Hope: Many of these couples try out infertility treatments with the hopes of conceiving a child. Often, they get unsatisfactory results that lead to failure in getting pregnant or other complications that show up later during the treatment. This thing later leads to a disappointing cycle that shatters them further.
Diseases or disabilities caused to the body due to depression and infertility
Your body will also suffer from various things like disrupted sleep patterns, which can again be detrimental to pregnancy. There are problems like fatigue, sleepiness in the daytime, headaches, irritability, and concentration issues that deteriorate this situation inexplicably.
Some other diseases that can also occur due to these two things are as follows:
- Celiac Disease
- Thyroid Condition
- High Blood Pressure
Infertility is a really harrowing condition that robs us of our joy. The reduction in our mind frame triggered by this situation can also create the worst situation for ourselves, which needs to be controlled effectively.
Therefore, it is best to seek counseling and professional help to avoid this kind of happening. To curb this, you can consult the best IVF Centre in Srinagar, which will help you combat it effectively and bring out the best results to elevate yourself both physically and mentally.